Search

domingo, 4 de junio de 2017

M.A.C. - Studio Waterweight SPF 30 Foundation - Review & Swatches

Hi, friends. Today I start reviewing products. I will start with those products I own, then actual new products. The main reason is to give you all the information I can think of so you can decide to get it or not. I will try to give you an information as objective as possible (even though is related to my own experience).

Consider the following: foundations in Argentina for fair skin tones, as for dark skin tones, are barely impossible to get or find, let alone the color match, and there are a selected few brands that bring them. The brand M.A.C is the one, as far as I know because I've witnessed it, that has/brings all the spectrum of skin tones and undertones they offer. If you cannot find the right shade in the drugstore, because there are no "testers", I'm sure you can find it at M.A.C's. So, if you are in Argentina, because you live here, or because you're on holidays or just for work, and for some reason need to buy any foundation (or concealer or powder), M.A.C is the best and safest option. It's not cheap, but it's considerably less expensive than other high end brands. The only thing that might happen is to go to a M.A.C store and find out your shade is out of stock. Don't worry, they restock frequently.

I want to mention this is the only High End product I will review so far: this product was the one that made me reconsider makeup (and because of this one my little obsession started). In future posts I will be focusing on Drugtore makeup, (but I have high hopes to be reviewing High End and Luxury products too in the future).

Let's our journey begin!

M.A.C Studio Waterweight SPF 30 Foundation

Website: M.A.C Cosmetics USAM.A.C Cosmetics Argentina (unfortunately, there's no description of this product on the Argentine website), M.A.C Cosmetics UKM.A.C Cosmetics Australia.

Shade reviewed: NW13. One of the lightest. It's meant for cool undertone. If you don't know what "undertone" means, you should read this post first: Understanding colors.

Weight: 1 fl. oz. - 30 ml.

Swatches (pics):

Before swatches

Swatches (no flash)

Swatches (with flash)

Blanded on the left and swatched on the right (no flash)

Blanded on the left and swatched on the right (with flash)
(Note: I'm not a professional photographer. And some of the pictures were off color or color balance. But, I tried to matched the image color to what I saw on my arm using a app that came with the phone.) 
Camera used: ZenFone 2 (my phone's camera), original pic's resolution 10MP.

Review: 
It comes inside a black cardboard box and its container is made of glass, with a dropper. The consistency before applying on the skin is on the watery, runny side. Once it's on the skin, it feels very lightweight, I feel like I'm not wearing anything. Sets in a powder like form, although not completely powdery. After 10 minutes without setting it with powder, I cannot feel any tackiness when I touched my face; and I couldn't noticed any problems applying any powder on top. The finish is natural to the matte side, but not glittery, I would say satin matte finish,if that makes any sense. I cannot see any sparkles or glitter mixed in the formula. Its coverage is sheer to medium, and it can be built to true medium coverage. I can be applied with any foundation brush, sponge for a sheer application or fingertips. I cannot see any redness peeking through, even with the sponge, but I can see some of my freckles. It covers small blemishes. Evens the color of my skin. Stays in place all day (where I didn't touch with my hands, of course), might transer to clothes. I set it with powder. It didn't oxidized. I noticed some oiliness throughout the day, but nothing major, on me was kind of a "natural glow" after 14hr of wear. (Unfortunately the oiliness cannot be seen through the camera, but you can check my IG where I do some comparisons/ "live" wear tests) It has a vanilla scent, very pleasant, nothing overpowerful or unbearable. It didn't break me out.

My M.A.C Store experience: the MUA was very kind and helped me to choose the right shade and foundation. I tested two different foundations (and shades). He applied half face one foundation ("Face and Body" N2, was a bit off and slightly dark), half face the other one ("Waterweight" NW13, that I saw on display). After I chose the foundation (I think you know what foundation I chose), he removed the other foundation and completed my face with the foundation chosen. So I left the store with my M.A.C bag and face done. He used a M.A.C foundation brush on me that was so soft, but it was as the same price or more as the foundation, so if you have the chance, at least feel it. That brush is in my "next to buy" list.

Price
US: USD 34 + tax.
UK: £27.
Australia: $54.
Argentina: I don't have the current price, it could be arround $1,000 (it's an estimated price, when I bought it the converted price was around USD 55). Visit any M.A.C store or call them to know about the price.
(In Argentina, UK and Australia taxes are included in the price).

It's part of a collection/line: MAC Studio (permanent).

Shades: 23.
"Neutral Cool" (for warm undertones): NC 15, NC 20, NC 25, NC 30, NC 35, NC 37, NC 40, NC 42, NC 44, NC 45, NC 50;
"Neutral Warm" (for cool undertones): NW 13, NW 15, NW 18, NW 20, NW 22, NW 25, NW 30, NW 35, NW 43, NW 45, NW 47, NW 50.
UK and Australia: 25 shades. I see two more shades, N12 and N18.








I recommend this product.

Ingredients:
Active Ingredients: Octinoxate 5.0 Titanium Dioxide 3.1 Zinc Oxide 2.1 
Inactive Ingredients: Water\Aqua\Eau, Methyl Trimethicone, Phenyl Trimethicone, Silica, Butyloctyl Salicylate, Dimethicone, Neopentyl Glycol Diheptanoate, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Butylene Glycol, Dimethicone Silylate, Lauryl PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Glycerin, Polysilicone-11, Citrullus Vulgaris (Watermelon) Fruit Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Lecithin, Pyrus Malus (Apple) Fruit Extract, Lens Esculenta (Lentil) Fruit Extract, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Protein, Litchi Chinensis Seed Extract, Laminaria Saccharina Extract, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Methicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Sodium PCA, Sodium Lactate, Thermus Thermophillus Ferment, Triethyl Citrate, Laureth-7, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Xanthan Gum, Dimethicone/PEG-10/15 Crosspolymer, Sodium Chloride, Dextrin, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Polyglutamic Acid, Zinc Stearate, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Dehydroacetate [ /- Mica, Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Iron Oxides (Ci 77491), Iron Oxides (Ci 77492), Iron Oxides (Ci 77499), Zinc Oxide (Ci 77947)]

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario